Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our First Day of school was GREAT!!!  I will admit that I was a bit nervous about how things would go and if we would find a little groove, but my boys were fantastic and cold not have been more excited.  Their excitement about home school and readiness to learn made it all even better!  We were so thankful to have Rhett home with us for part of the morning.  He was able to join us at our favorite doughnut place and then back at home for some first day of school fun!


Hard to believe this sweet boy is old enough for kindergarten!  Think he was excited??

Davis has such as sweet smile, but as typical with most 3 year olds.....we usually get a silly smile!  And his "Bear" has attended school every day as well as his "blanklet"!  I love it :)
This sweetie is LOVING school!  I had some things prepared for him, but he flew right through them and wanted to do everything Wesley was doing.  I have had to plan out several more things for him, but it is so fun to watch him learn with his brother.
We did these interviews with them and I know we will love looking back and reading them in the years to come.  I started a binder with these as well as hand prints and a few other first day things that we hope to do every year on the first day of school.
So excited to see what the "back to school fairy" left

They were very excited to see new water bottles, candy, gold fish, silly putty and gum!
There even new blocks to help keep  Johnson entertained during school.......wish that would have worked ;0!!




This picture makes me cry every time I look at it!  We were praying for our first day and school year, and these sweet guys said some of the most precious little things.  I love to hear my children praying and I know it is music to God's ears when little children pray.



We decided to have a back to school treasure hunt.  Our boys are crazy about pirates and "hunts", so we knew this would be perfect for them.  I had planned to do it early in the morning before heading for doughnuts, but it was raining, so we just did it later that  afternoon.  Here they are all ready to go!






The prize was stashed under our grill.  They found widgits and zoobs which have been played with a lot already.  There was also a set of snap together alphabet blocks which are really fun and we have used them a lot with learning to read.

We have enjoyed doing some of our school outside.  One day, when studying about creation, we went on a nature hunt and came home and made "nature people" out of the things we found.  We also played in "moon dust"....flour....it occupied them for at least an hour.  I had no idea that would be such a hit!  Then we made moon dough with baby oil and flour and it was played with for over an hour.  Needless to say there was a big mess afterwards, but it was all worth it.

I am so thankful for this time I have with our sweet boys.  I am blessed daily to hear them talking about things we are learning and to see the seeds we are planting in their little souls. So far, home schooling is so much more than I imagined, and I am forever grateful God led us down this path!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous first day! Your school room looks awesome! I cannot wait to see it in person. You are making such wonderful memories with your children. I know y'all are all being blessed by all of your hard work.
    And, I love the boys' shirts. Too cute!
    Hope to see y'all soon! :)

    ReplyDelete