Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas season!  We were off of school almost the whole month of December, which gave us time to enjoy lots of fun!  We made so many new memories and started a few new traditions.  We spent the weekend before Christmas out of town, at our parents.  We enjoyed family time, and our boys really had fun playing with all of their cousins. 

 One of the HUNDREDS of pictures I took for a Christmas card.....next year I am pretty sure I will start in July!!
 We took a carriage ride through one of the parks and enjoyed thousands of Christmas lights.  It was so much fun, and the boys loved it.  The carriage ride came at a perfect time, because we had just finished studying about horses in school, and Wesley and Davis had lots of ? for our driver.  Our horse's name was Doc, and they are still talking about him!


 I was brave several times and took these sweeties Christmas shopping.  They were so good, and this day we finished our trip with Build A Bear!  We are now the proud owners of " Snowflake Christmas", "Blue Flake" and "The Grinch" ;)
 We spent an afternoon at the zoo, and enjoyed the Christmas lights there!




 I was the recipient of many home made gifts this year.  This particular one was two paper plates, carefully wrapped with red tape, and inside was much needed pieces of green streamers and green ribbon.  Sweet Davis worked HARD on this gift.  Precious Wesley wrapped up his beloved Bible for me, one day!  I LOVE my boys sweet hearts and spirits, and all of the memories we are making!

 We also went to the Botanic Gardens.  They have a wonderful event for Children (it is fun all year long), but especially at Christmas.  The boys had a blast playing and running around. They even had a snow globe with some sort of artificial snow.....needless to say we spent a lot of time in it, and I won't mention who busted it a few times!!




 My sweet friend and I took our boys to visit Santa.  We have gone to this same place every year, since Wesley was a baby, and EVERY YEAR, I am in the picture!!  Johnson was not a fan of Santa or taking pictures this day :)!
 When we were at my parents for Christmas, we visited a local park and had a fun time there.  The boys spent lots of time running around and playing with their cousins.
 Almost 12 years of marriage, and EIGHTEEN years of being a couple!  I love my sweet husband more and more every day and I am so blessed God chose us for each other!
 Christmas cookies!!  My mom started this tradition when my brothers were little, and we all still do it!  We always have lots of fun, and Rhett and I enjoy a little friendly competition for the best Santa cookie.  I am happy to report that I still have the winning title :)!
 All ready for church!  It is crazy hard to get a pic with every one looking at the camera, much less smiling!
We made a huge effort to teach our guys the reason we celebrate Christmas.  We let them have the joy of believing in Santa and the magic of it all, but if you ask them, they know the reason we celebrate is because of Jesus.  Davis is quick to tell you that Jesus is "the best gift that we got EVAH, and all He wants is our hearts".  Wesley was extremely interested in the Christmas story and all of the details.  For the month of December we did "The Truth In The Tinsel".  It is great for kids, and really helped my boys understand lots of details.  I highly recommend it if you are looking for an advent activity for the Christmas season.  It has a Bible reading, craft/ornament every day.  We hung our ornaments on a tree we made with branches from the woods, and Wesley and Davis were able to look at every ornament and tell the Christmas story.  I am pretty sure this will be a tradition of ours for years to come.  I look forward to seeing how our ornaments change as they grow.
 Santa certainly visited our house this year.  We had very excited boys, who were obviously very good!
 Happy boys Christmas morning!

 Santa left two basketballs inside, but no basketball goal?!? So, hours later when we went outside to ride scooters/tractors......Wesley was so excited to see the basketball goal he has been asking for!  I love the look on his face!
 The electric scooter is so much fun!  A certain big kid in our house had lots of fun riding it......so much that the boys had to ask for a turn ;)

 Home made Christmas cards.  My FAVORITE Christmas gift!

 Exchanging gifts with baby brother.  Davis was so excited to give all of the gifts he picked out and wrapped!
I love this sweet little boy so much!  What a gift he is to us!  
 Thanking Daddy for new Nerf guns!




Every year, we make a birthday cake for Jesus.  It is such a fun tradition, that our boys really look forward to.  This year we added in the book "Happy Birthday Jesus".

We hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas.  May we all never forget the true meaning of Christmas and what Jesus did for us all!!


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".                                         John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment